Monday, January 26, 2009

soapbox

Im so over it…
Ill just start there.

This morning I heard on the radio about an interview Lil Wayne did with GQ..

In which he states that he doesn’t believe in books..the Bible being one of them..

You cant trust anything in a book…and the only book he does believe in is the Dictionary

Wtf…that isn’t a direct quote..but those are the main points.
Number one I am so tired of this being the role model for black men.
I cant tell you how many times I have heard a black man say he doesn’t read, like he is suppose to get him cool points or something.
Such a turn off.
So does he believe that since what he says isn’t written in a book it is true?
Music can be held to the same standards of a book..there are too many song which have no validity.
I just don’t get this!

And yesterday I posted the clip of Jay-z acting a fool…someone who clearly knows better, or you would have thought knew better.
At some point you have to grow up, and evolve.
Whether they want ppl to look up to them or not, ppl do…so I feel you have a responsibility
You have a gift, and you are responsible for using in correctly…in my opinion.

Ill end with this….a quote from Lil Wayne’s “A mili” song that always bothered me anyway
“And the Bible told us every girl was sour
Don't play in the garden and don't smell her flower”

Why quote something you don’t believe?

1 comment:

nista206 said...

He's a GD idiot.... a joke.