Sunday, August 24, 2008

i sorta like

Now I lay you down to sleep
I pray that it is your soul I keep
And before you wake
I pray your soul I have preserved
And if I fail before you wake
I pray there is room for mercy on my soul

And if by chance I die before you wake
I hope you see your life in the fold of mine
Only your wings I could have rested upon
And if by chance you don't see…
I pray you feel yourself in my footsteps
Rolling through the sand for a permanent mark
That canvases the love I have for you in my heart
And if by chance you don't find them..
I pray you hear the music in my voice
That sang the world to its knees
A joyful noise unto the earth
And if by chance you don't hear…
I pray you can feel my breath all around you
With each passing of the wind
I held your life with my bare hands
And if by chance you don't see, hear, or feel me
I simply pray that before we both wake
We see forever.




you like, yes, no, maybe so. im still thinking on this one.

No comments: