Monday, August 18, 2008

im only gonna say it once

I wanna answer this question, because whenever someone asks me i never have an answer.

The conversation goes a little something like this:

Tv watcher: hey, did you see that episode of the hills last night (or insert any show you wanna talk about)??

Me: nah actually I didn’t. I don’t watch tv.

Tv watcher: Well did you see that man on CNN who got stuck in the train station in New York?

Me: nah, I don’t watch tv.

Tv watcher: well you didn’t even see that episode of g’s to gents. You really don’t watch tv at all?

Me: nah, I don’t watch tv. At all

(then I just get a blank stare)

Tv watcher: yeah, I don’t really watch tv either. I just watch the hills, sometimes g’s to gents, and grey’s anatomy. Or sometimes I just watch Cnn, or watch shows over the internet. Oh and I cant miss Weeds.

(they wanna convince me they arent too different from me)

Me: Oh yeah. I don’t watch any tv, not even the shows on the internet.

(another blank stare, but this time they are looking at me like im not human)

Tv watcher: You mean to tell me you never seen Weeds before? You dont know what you are missing. Well what do you do?

(as if watching tv must be accounted for what you do in life)

Me: Ummm idk, but I don’t watch tv..and I have never even heard of Weeds.

Tv watcher: Man, you dont watch weeds. you have got to see this show.

Me: nah, i dont watch tv.

Tv watcher: oh

(and they have probably went in there mental checklist and checked off "the yeah she is weird box")


Honestly, I never have an answer for what I do..but in an attempt to answer the question I have made a list of things I do rather than watch tv:

• Obsess about what im gonna blog about
• Stare at the computer screen while I obsess about what I gonna blog about
• Read other blogs, to obsess about what im gonna blog about
• Finally obsess about what I have blogged about
• Read-Trying to get through the classics
• Work on some sort of made up art project that has nothing to do with anything
• Write a line or two for my screenplay
• Write a page of two on my second book
• Go to barnes and nobles, and just walk around. Since I know no matter where I turn there is a book around.


So I have decided that my real answer from now on is gonna be, “Some people just create, while others just watch.” So lets just guess what side im on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl MEEEE TEEEEWWW! I remember sittin on the school bus when any major "reality" tv show came out , everyone would be discussing wat happened...and I'd just kinda follow along, and front for the masses, like "yea, I can't blame Babs for blowin up like that". or, "Can you believe she spit at New York, that was HILARIOUS" Just FRONTING like hell, cuz I was too ashamed that we didn't have cable. The only channel that came out clear was FOX 5, & the only thing they'd be correct about was the weather, so we got our 5 mins in the morning, and that was IT! ...Now, there isn't even a television in the house. & I'm too grown to front. LOL

Miss Fab said...

LOL...omg im cracking up over here.
yeah the tv in my room doesnt even have cable,or even basic cable.

hahaha...omg im still laughing that is too funny.