Friday, August 15, 2008

Miss Independent

For the first time yesterday I heard Neyo’s song “Miss Independent”. I was immediately attracted to the words, because that’s my thing. You don’t have a song to me if your words aren’t creating some type of story, a picture of some sort, sense, or a combination of all the above. I feel like independent women have been getting a lot of slack lately about acting as if they don’t need a man, and not trying to invite someone in there life. (I know, I know you are thinking what about “I-n-d-e-p-e-n-d-e-n-t”). I'll just say no comment.

The chorus goes a little something like, “she got her own thing, and that’s why I love her.”

Because honestly I don’t need a man, I would like one, but want and need are two different things. It is not a necessity, especially if you aren’t complementing what I already have going on and plan to have later in life.

Neyo’s is so sickly in tune with women. He could only be that in tune if he himself was actually a woman, yep that’s my theory.
No let me stop, I’m really playing. But, how many men do you know who could sit down and write “To the left, to the left” ??

Yes, im hugely independent, and that was the whole reason for this. Im just glad someone can appreciate that even if they date boys.

I would have attached the song, but im at work…and that’s just a little much. Just limewire it up. Or maybe you heard the song a million days ago, and im just now hearing it. haha.

No comments: