Wednesday, October 8, 2008

a secret of buttery rich taste

.
My grandmother suffered from the same overactive sweet tooth as i do…or maybe she passed it on to me.
I cant remember her freezer not having some sort of ice cream in it..or the table with out some sort of cake/pie/cookies
…and then she use to always have these little peanut butter golden candies that I just thought were magically….because I never saw them in the store, and they came in this pretty little container..nothing like a snickers or starburst just packaged in regular paper.

Years later I found out that the candies were actually part of a fund raiser…so they were a little exclusive, but not to the point that my grandmother only had them.
I still didn’t know what they were called.

UNTIL….
A lady at my job handed me a brochure for a fundraiser, and in it I saw my grandmother's secretly selected candies…and they were entitled “Golden Crumbs”….the name is extremely befitting. I love things with a rich buttery taste, and those crumbs surely fit the bill.
I had to order some just in the name of my grand, and of course in the name of our sweet tooth. They arrived today..yay!!
Ordering from a fundraiser is so fun…you pay your money up front..you kinda forget if you are as absent-minded as I am…and then weeks later you get a treat, and its almost like you didn’t pay for it…lame I know.

No comments: