Monday, September 15, 2008

1st First Dates

As of lately Yahoo! main page has been flooded with all these dating tips...but they always seemed to be aimed towards women. From how to know if he is into you, to if he wants to marry you, I rarely ever see any geared to men, (in my mind they need some major help). It seems to me that woman feed into the role of how to catch a man, creating the dynamic of the cat and mouse game. I understand its been that way as long as time...but im not into the games or for that matter the tips.

I ran into this article<<Click Here To Read>>. The main point of the article, which i could have wrote in my sleep, was to give women advice on first dates. Such as deciding if there should be second date and what not. Seems to me if one has to do any thinking outside of "I like him"...you just arent that into him.
The real reason for the mentioning of this article is because i had a first date just last night. I wont share the details, since this is an open book for the world to see...but it got me thinking about first dates...and what makes them special and what makes them horrible. Even down to those awkward moments, and those silent moments where you just pause and look at each other because you have not a thing in the world to say to each other..Personally i just laugh at the moment, not sure if thats good or bad.


and dare i ask for comments??? Tell me your first date stories, anybody, everybody.

Photobucket
was i first date ready??


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you looked absolutely adorable...

I can't recall ever admitting to myself that I was "on a date". Whether we were at a movie, in the park, on a roof...I always stay behind the "we're just friends getting to know each other" screen. I hate dating. Seems very fake n contrived. Two people just meet in an effort to impress each other while one may have syphilis. But you'll never find out until you've put in time/energy to finally see the real, unrehearsed version of the person.

That was NOT a true story of mine by the way.

Miss Fab said...

I would have to say I totally get where you are coming from…I don’t think until you are older you consider it a date..when two people who have no reason to be hanging out with one another because they aren’t in the same school, or even in school, or hang in the same social group you have to call it a date. Why else are you two together.

Its funny bc I was just discussing the “talking” aspect of dating and how it seems no one will say they are dating each other or on a date. So this guy admits to me the word dating is sooo strong. So I guess everyone has just settled for the “we are talking”…whatever does that mean?

Anonymous said...

lol @ "talking"
I wanna "talk" to her
I heard they're "talking"
We're kinda "talking" now

I'm guilty of that.
And after the "talking" phase, that's when we "go together"

LOL

Miss Fab said...

oh the infamous we go together...hmmm has a pair of shoes that go together...exactly what does that mean.

dating is super hilarious. i never bore of talking about it either. I think i do it just for the stories, and experimenting with people. trying to understand what makes them tick...idk weird?!

kneesee said...

i went on a date with a guy i never hung out with ever. so i guess you can say it was really a date. i dont do those often, this was probably my first actually. lol.

i remember talking about the aquarium and how he always wanted to go. here i am, the astrology junkie, decided to dig into our signs. we were both water signs, so i thought it would be perfect. soooooo.. i called him and asked him "do you want to go out sometime, like friday at 3 maybe? to the aquarium?" i remember he said "i could cry.. yes i will" and it was magical. like two human beings out on a date in the daytime. after that we rushed into a romance that ended abruptly.. and there is the story of my life. lol.

Miss Fab said...

haha...that was such a crash ending..but thats how it bes sometimes(well most times)