Friday, September 5, 2008

Why

.
Why do people always tell me:
“I bet you can eat anything you want to”.

Last time I checked just about everyone could eat whatever they wanted to, and how am I suppose to respond to that question?
Today I actually had a man say that to me, and it totally took be aback, I mean women say that to me all the time, but never men.
So I reply to him,
“are you jealous, or something”

and he responds back,
“Nah, because when I take you shopping you will look nice in everything.”

All I could do was laugh…

And why do people always say to me:
“you are so little, like you are so skinny. You are like the littlest thing in the building.”

And what the heck am I suppose to say to that. Especially when the people saying this are nowhere as small as I am…
I don’t get to walk around and say:
“You are fat as hell, omg you are so big. How come you are so big?”

Nor do I even think that’s appropriate to say to anyone, and I never even have those thoughts. If I cant say that to you, don’t say it to me.
At one point when I was a lot younger I had a problem being so skinny, and I actually wanted to be a lot bigger. So whenever someone pointed this out it made me very uncomfortable. I have gotten over that, and I am comfortable in my own skin..but I still don’t need the commentary about my body. Physical appearances really really aren’t that serious to me..so I hope this doesn’t come off as being condescending.

I also understand that what people say have more to do with their feelings, than it does with me as a person. I just had to vent. Thanks for the outlet.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG LMAO...I bet people hit you with the good ol "do you ever gain weight?" as well.

Imagine asking someone "Do you ever LOSE weight?"

Miss Fab said...

RIGHT??!! do i get to ask that..no i dont.
ugh.

don-p said...

stand around lola and you won tget it as much shes smaller

Anonymous said...

ugh soooo right! i can't agree more!!

Miss Fab said...

haha...yeah you are right. sometimes i even tell her you are so little.
but i feel we are friends i can say that...random strangers say these things to me.