Sunday, September 21, 2008

Creativity Overlapping?

S0 (side bar: i have noticed that i cant hardly start a post without this word)..... 
i have been wanting to get my Carrie Bradshaw on for days now, and write all the crazy ideas/questions in my head. but for some reason i cant bring myself to....its like i can only do one creative(so called) thing at a time. Maybe a better word is project. I dont like to half a** things, so if im gonna do it, i need to do it right.

So(there it goes again).........
that brings me to my question...can creativity overlap? or does it have to be contained in just one format/project to be at it's best. since i have been devoting most of my  right brain to earring development seems i cant distinguish the difference between distinguish and disguise. i have put off writing my second book, and a host of other things. they are still in mind, i just cant allow myself to touch them. almost feels like im cheating or something..

is this making any sense to anyone? 

with all these none making sense...im gonna go to bed now. sounds like thats the only thing to do in my creativity dilemma.
im pretty sure the last post says something  about me going to bed as well. i just dont sleep these days.

peace ya'll 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG yes! Like when I want to paint...I must paint. During my painting time, I can't blog, or make jewelry or read any books, or ANYTHING. I have to paint. If I do anything else, I'll never finish the painting. And when I want to blog, I can't do shit else either. It just feels...WRONG. Just...all over the place, as if I'm just repeatedly putting out bullshit then skipping to the next hobby! "...exploring mediums of uselessness" is what I call it. stamp that.

nista206 said...

That's good.... I feel the same way. Though, I've had to completely put my creativity on hold in order to be "academic," & that makes me ? my creativity like, "Am I even that creative?" or "Is it even my calling to be this thing we call creative?" But, I digress. So, I just try to take 1 day @ a time, & whatever comes to me that day that grasps my attention, is what I do; whether it's reading a book or writing a poem.

Side note.... I feel a way about being typecasted, like, I'm neosoul, or a fashionista, or a writer. So, I find myself not wanting to commit to any 1 thing b/c there are so many possibilities & opportunities in this world that I can't limit myself to 1 thing.

Miss Fab said...

i know i cant live without creating something.

its just my thing.