Friday, July 11, 2008

The Story Behind The Words


The Words:

Darkness in the Park

I really wanna go to the park..
I wish it wasn’t dark….

Or I would show you why the sun sets a shadow
So the trees can dance with the grass

Or I would let you hear the laughter of a child
That would heal a thousand souls…

Or I would let you feel the breeze of the air
That slips through your fingers
Before you forever grab its magic

I really wanna go to the park…
I wish it wasn’t dark….

Or we would take a walk
Which has no end
Where your eyes become your mind
And your space becomes the place
Where nature can be its self
And show you its infinite possibilities
Where the course of your life is played
Through the vibrations of every branch
And sing a tune even the birds can’t chirp

I really wanna go to the park…
I wish it wasn’t dark…

Or you could witness the color of the clouds
That matches the sound of joy….

Or you would trust the rain to
Be just what you want
And you would believe the sky
Is all you need to get by…

I really wanna go to the park
So I wish it was dark….



The Story:

It was a summer night, and I was in the middle of a texting conversation. I decided to share with the person on the other end that I wanted to go to the park, and i wished that it was not dark. After I sent the message I added that sounded like a line from a poem. The person lightly diss missed me, and my abilities. So I had to prove them wrong, and show them I could really create something out of those words...Once I finished in a matter of moments they were totally in awe of my creation. They even went on to encourage me to invest more time in my writing, to take it serious. Probably before that moment I really did not. Some time later long after writing it, I found new meaning besides proving that I could write. The poem showed me how we put limitations on ourselves, and on things. The last line "so i wish it was dark"...shows that you must accept what is and find enjoyment out of that. There was no reason why I could not go to the park just because of it being dark [metaphorically speaking, this is 2008 and girl can not go to the park at night]. Sometimes it helps to know the story behind different writings. Hope you enjoyed mine.

No comments: